- The poll numbers coming out of the Democratic Convention seldom bear any resemblance to the election results.
- The upcoming debates and two months of advertising and “news” media wars will decide the election, just like those of the recent past.
- Barack and Michelle Obama had one best chance to show that they are regular (not scary, or “other”) people on a national stage and that’s what we’ve been watching.
- They’re running against the Republicans.
- The Obama campaign realizes that “the game” is about scorching the earth for your opponent with the disaffected dumbshits of American who, quite unfortunately, decide our elections.
- Did I mention that they’re running against the Republicans?
- Jo Biden is the Vice Presidential nominee and, in a debate, he can cut an opponent’s liver out and eat it with a charming smile.
- The Villagers like Joe Biden.
- The DFHs, via the intertubes and the establishment media’s desire to try to rescue themselves from their increasing irrelevancy, are influencing the narratives of the debate.
- There probably aren’t enough racist throwbacks who vote left alive in America to continue to afflict us with their political choices, at least nationally.
One more thing: John McCain is a decrepit, paranoid, egomaniacal, phony with a short fuse and that won’t make a very favorable comparison with the handsome, self-possessed, dedicated, public servant who always keeps his cool and people will notice that as they are ever-more contrasted each day until the election.