David ANSEN, NEWSWEEK: Do any of you guys ever Google yourself?
Brad PITT: Dear God, no.
PITT: Never. First of all, I don’t really know how to operate a computer.
Do you have a BlackBerry?
PITT: Oh, yeah, I have a BlackBerry.
Anne, what about you? Do you Google yourself?
Anne HATHAWAY: No.
Frank LANGELLA: It’s not a good idea. It can be painful and it can be self-aggrandizing.
Sally HAWKINS: What do they say about don’t believe any of it?
Robert DOWNEY: Oh, I love all that s–––, personally. Sorry. I just love it. Because it’s a hoot. Some people overstate their support, like they know you. Other people are busy doing something else and just want to go on this chat site and say some despicable character assassination, which I honestly think they kind of nailed it. I do have that shortcoming. It’s really fun.
I still say that the opening 3 minutes of Ironman, with Tony Stark sipping a cocktail in the back seat of that Humvee in Afghanistan like he’s in a limo on his way to the Vanity Fair Oscar party, that’s the performance that should win him the Oscar this year. Yes, Tropic Thunder is outrageous and over the moon (“I don’t read the script, the script reads me!”) and he actually, you know, got nominated for an Oscar; but give me Tony Stark any day, hitting on the driver of that armored vehicle:
- Tony Stark: I feel like you’re driving me to court-martial, this is crazy. What did I do? I feel like you’re going to pull over and snuff me. What, you’re not allowed to talk? Hey. Forrest.
- Male Soldier: We can talk, sir.
- Tony Stark: Oh, I see. So, it’s personal.
- Female Soldier: No. You intimidate them.
- Tony Stark: Good God, you’re a woman. I honestly couldn’t have called that. I mean, I’d apologize, but isn’t that what we’re going for here? I thought you were a soldier first.
- Female Soldier: I’m an Airman.
- Tony Stark: Well, you have excellent bone structure there. I’m kinda having a hard time not looking at you now. Is that weird?
- [They all laugh]
- Tony Stark: Come on! It’s okay, laugh. Hey!
“Good God, you’re a woman!” Heh.